GigaOm: Global Uniques/Reach: 456,772, US, 279,336, Monthly Page Views: 840,342
Calacanis: Global Uniques/Reach: 137,981, US: 96,896, Monthly Page Views: 217,801
**Missing from the list: Chris Brogan: 33K Uniques (Compete), and Stowe Boyd: 13K Uniques (Compete)
This chart was made by me. I was trying to find if there was a correlation between Techmeme, Technorati, and traffic. I used the traffic numbers from Compete. I looked a few sites up on quantcast and they had dramatically different results. Many times quantcast reported less than half of the compete numbers which I'm sure is based on a difference in the panels and how they get their stats. One of them is probably more slanted toward computers used at work than home. Although in today's world of home = work and work = home I'm not sure how they balance that all out.
What I find interesting is that the numbers are very different than one would guess off the top of one's head. Scobleizer, Robert Scoble's personal blog is twice as popular as Podtech.net, and some blogs that people keep just as a hobby get more traffic than professional concerns. Personally I don't understand all the ins and outs of techmeme but would like to figure that out so that they would link to me once and a while. I know I'm new, but that shouldn't matter if the egalitaristic claims that many bloggers (who get linked to) are making right now.
- Scoble did an analysis of his traffic and cited the importance of Techmeme.
- In January '07 Stowe Boyd wrote a blog about Techmeme, which Gabe Rivera (the techmeme guy) respoded to.
- I guess Tailrank does pretty much the same thing as Techmeme but there is more presence of bigger "blogs" like cnn.money and marketwatch.
- Calacanis on the 100% word on Techmeme's greatness and why haterz suck
- Brian Solis wrote a brief description of each of the blogs mentioned on the chart which I'm sure will make a very nice marketing blurb for them.
- Thanks to Robert Seidman of TV BY NUMBERS who took time from TV numbers to look at web numbers.