Pretty Things by Janelle Brown

Pretty ThingsPretty Things by Janelle Brown
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I couldn't wait to find out what happened next. This book about a grifter and an Instagram influencer has compelling, original, three-dimensional characters and a surprising, believable plot. I enjoyed experiencing the inner thoughts of both women and learning how they were connected and the details of how they interacted. It is written from each of their point-of-view, alternately. The story is very satisfying and the world Brown paints is still with me. The tone reminds me of the HBO TV series, "Million Little Lies" but the book is much more transparent and three-dimensional in that it shares the whole story and not just fragments. It is a wonderful journey into a unique world.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Media Snackers

Bizness & Marketing Blogs

2 Twit or not 2 Twit